Well good news. This post is all about how to eliminate these stresses from your day at UCF. (We're not claiming this is a foolproof method to always get parking at UCF, but its a guide that will minimize your frustrations with getting to class on time).
5 Tips for Parking at UCF:
1. Leave Early - We know it's obvious and not what you want to hear, but the truth is, the best way to deal with UCF parking is to leave early and give yourself plenty of time to find a parking spot.
2. Get creative - Garage A, I, and H as well as the new Libra garage often have space, even at the busiest times of the day and if you bring an umbrella, heading straight for one of these garage may make you 5 minutes late to class thanks to the long walk, but at least you won't miss class, or worse, a test.
3. Avoid problem areas - Garages B, D, C, and their respective lots are almost always a mess. Although they have the best locations on campus you can almost always bet that they will be packed. Avoid them at all costs between 11:00am and 4:00pm.
4. Take the shuttle - It's never the most appealing option, but if you live at one of the UCF housing communities or can park at another housing community and use the shuttle from that spot to get to UCF, you'll save yourself at least 20 minutes of looking for a parking spot and walking to class. Remember to park in visitor parking though.
5. Car pool - Ride with a roommate, friend, or classmate. Car pooling may not be an option if you're heavily involved on campus, but if you're just going to class and back get a ride with someone who has class at the same time as you.
Hopefully these tips improve your parking experience at UCF.
Photo Credit: https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1019/1099300870_87ff9303f2_z.jpg?zz=1